Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And the winner is...

Congratulations Mr Obama..America's fate (and the world's too!)
is now in your hands..


Barack Obama. And he fully-deserved that. Finally, the long, dramatic and competitive battle to be the US President has found its full stop. It is confirmed. Barack Obama is now the 44TH PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Obama is scheduled to vow as US President and takes over White House in January 2009. His win is the first for Democrate candidate since 1964, 44 years after Lyndon B Johnson became the last man to do it. The most interesting is that, he is the FIRST African-American, or shall I say the first BLACK MAN ever to win the US Presidency.

I am so attracted to this guy with his charismatic and convincing way of making speeches. He is truly a great speaker. But what matters most is that his eagerness to make his speeches become reality. I really found it from his body language. He's the man of his words. I for one really believe that his campaign CHANGE can certainly become a reality. His vision to change the America, from the inside and also from the view of the world is a timely action. The Americans and particularly the world need it badly right now.

I am truly amazed by this man. He has the calibre and certainly fits the bill to be the next president. Unlike his competitor Senator John McCain, who is likely to inherit George W Bush policies, he really offers something new should he takes his post come January.

Watching YouTube videos about his win really left me inspired..if I am an American citizen he certainly gets my vote. One more thing his win also proves that the Americans have put racial issues behind them, even though not for all of them.

I guess it's time for me to include Obama in my list of 'The Amazing Men I Have Seen".. Before I put down the pen(opps, sorry I forgot I'm typing) here are some tidbits for you guys..

1.) He won a Grammy Award in 2006 for Best Spoken Word Recording. It was for the audio version of his book Dreams From My Father.

2.) He and his wife bought a house in Chicago in 2005. Back then it cost $1.65 million. The house has 4 fireplaces.

3.) He doesn’t like ice-cream. He worked in Baskin-Robbins as a teenager. That’s where his distaste for ice-cream comes from.

4.) He loves playing Scrabble. He never commented on how good he is, though.

5.) He is bi-racial. He was born to a Kenyan father and a white American mother. In his book Dreams From My Father he writes that he barely noticed the racial difference between his mum and dad in his young age.

6.) He experimented with drugs. Back in his early years he tried marijuana and cocaine. According to his own words he is not proud of it and considers it a mistake as a young man.

7.) He smokes but wants to quit. After all, there is a non-smoking policy in the White House.

8.) He was born in Honolulu, Hawaii but went to live in Indonesia with his mum when the parents divorced. There he was introduced to dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper.

9.) According to his wife Michelle he is very romantic. He is not a door opener but he remembers every anniversary and brings her flowers all the time.

10.) Every night when he is at home he reads the Harry Potter books to his oldest daughter Malia.

No comments: